Front Page Detectives

Suspect found covered in blood at scene of murder of her grandmother, another man

Source: Unsplash; Engield police

Aug. 9 2021, Published 5:04 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A 22-year-old Connecticut woman was covered in blood at the scene of the murder of two people – including her grandmother.

Now, Harlee Swols is being held on $1 million bond in connection to the double homicide.

Article continues below advertisement

On Aug. 8, officers from the Enfield Police Department in Connecticut responded to an apartment after someone heard one of the occupants calling for help, according to arrest warrants obtained by WFSB.

Officers saw a staircase leading to the second floor and a window was smashed on the porch.

When officers went to the apartment, they saw a woman lying face down in a pool of blood, according to the report. But the victim was still breathing.

Article continues below advertisement

The cops tried to kick in the door, and that is when Swols came into the room. She was covered in blood and water and officers could hear a shower running. They ordered with guns drawn for Swols to get on the ground. Officers then kicked in the door, so they could check on the victim.

Officers found a second victim, a man, face down on his knees in the bedroom, according to the report. The man had a large cut to his neck and stab wounds on his arms and back. Authorities determined the suspect was dead.

Article continues below advertisement

Police tried to provide for the woman, but she did not have a pulse, the reports noted. The victim also had a large cut to the neck area.

The woman was taken to the hospital, where she as pronounced dead.

Article continues below advertisement

Officials identified the victims as 63-year-old James Samuel Bell and72-year-old Maryrose Riach. Swols was Riach’s granddaughter.

Swols had tears in her jeans and had wounds to both hands, according to the report. She was not questioned, but police say Swols showed no emotion when they spoke to her.

Article continues below advertisement

There was active protective order from the victims against Swols. The order required her not the harass the victims and stay away from their home. Police have not said what led to the issuance of the order.

Swols was charged with violating the order as police continued to investigate the double murder.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.