A Pennsylvania man has been charged with 41 felonies after he allegedly killed two people in Delaware and police have called him a "serial killer."
Other charges include attempted murder, assaults and robbery of four other victims.
Prosecutors allege that Keith Gibson, 39, went on a brutal crime spree, killing two victims and hurting four others over roughly three weeks, according to the Delaware Attorney General's Office.
Gibson is also a suspect in multiple murders committed in Pennsylvania earlier this year, cops say.
On May 15, Gibson is alleged to have shot and killed Leslie Ruiz-Basilio, 28, during a robbery of a Metro PCS store in Elsmere and to have stolen her vehicle, according to the attorney general's office.
On June 5, Gibson allegedly shot and killed Ronald Wright, 42, during a street robbery and assaulted another victim.
Over the following three days, Gibson is alleged to have robbed or assaulted another three victims, including trying to murder one victim, along with a host of weapons and drug offenses, according to the attorney general's office.
He also allegedly killed Christina Lugo, 41, during a robbery of a Philadelphia Dunkin’ location.
Philadelphia homicide detectives said that Gibson has been labeled a “serial killer,” according to CBS Philly.
Gibson was arrested on June 8 in connection with a robbery of a Wilmington Rite-Aid and is currently in custody awaiting trial.
Gibson was previously convicted of manslaughter and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and was released from prison on Dec. 20, 2020, after a 13-year prison sentence.
Police say he violated the terms of his probation and was briefly held before being released again on April 27.
“This indictment lays out one of the most vicious, staggering crime sprees I’ve seen in my career,” Attorney General Kathy Jennings said in a statement. “It is even more disturbing to think, based on what investigators have revealed in Pennsylvania, that this may just be the tip of the iceberg.”
"We have assigned some of the DOJ’s most experienced prosecutors to this case and we will ensure that this man faces justice for the senseless carnage that he has caused,” said Jennings. “In the meantime, my heart is with the victims, especially the families of Leslie Basilio and Ronald Wright.”
“The charges in this indictment reflect the brutal nature of this individual’s crimes, as well as the significant risk he posed to public safety in our community and throughout our region,” Wilmington Police Chief Robert J. Tracy said. “I am proud of the efforts of our officers responding to his latest armed robbery, who were able to take him into custody and ensure he is held responsible for his senseless, ruthless crime spree and the harm he brought about so many individuals and families.”
“We can only hope it will bring some relief and closure to the families and loved ones of his victims,” Elsmere Police Chief Laura Giles said.