Front Page Detectives

Man calls 911 saying girlfriend was unconscious, months later police accuse him of murder

man called  saying he found his girlfriend unconscious two months later he is charged with her murder
Source: Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Unsplash

Jul. 8 2021, Published 12:44 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A Florida man called 911 to report finding his girlfriend unconscious. Now, two months later, police say the man is responsible for her death.

Article continues below advertisement

On May 8, Anthony Frederick Barron, 38, called 911 and said he found his girlfriend, Nicole Yates, unconscious and not breathing on a back patio of a home in Melbourne, Florida, according to authorities.

Officials said Barron performed CPR on Yates until first responders arrived on the scene and took over. Yates was taken to a local hospital, which is where she was pronounced dead, police said.

Article continues below advertisement

According to a medical examiner, the cause of death for Yates was homicide.

Police said Barron was identified as the primary suspect and then developed enough probable cause for his arrest, Click Orlando reported.

Two months later, Barron was arrested on July 2 and is being held at the Brevard County jail on a charge of first-degree premeditated murder, authorities said.

Officials have not stated how Yates died or what the motive may have been for her alleged killing.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.