Front Page Detectives
BREAKING NEWS

Gilgo Beach Serial Killer Suspect Accused of Killing More Women After Disturbing 'Planning Documents' Found on Hard Drive: Officials

Gilgo Beach Murder Suspect Rex Heuermann Charged With 2 More Murders
Source: MEGA

Rex Heuermann appeared in court on June 6 and was charged in the deaths of two more women, officials said.

Jun. 6 2024, Published 11:25 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect Rex Heuermann has officially been charged with murdering two additional women after authorities say they found a series of disturbing “planning documents” for the killings on a hard drive in his home.

On June 6, Heuermann appeared in court and was tied to the 1993 murder of Sandra Costilla and the 2003 death of Jessica Taylor, ABC News reported.

Article continues below advertisement

Prosecutors said DNA from hair found on the remains of both victims was used to link Heuermann to the killings.

Officials claimed detectives discovered a hard drive in the basement of his Massapequa Park home that included disturbing lists and notes on potential or past dump sites and supplies he had on-hand.

In court, prosecutors read an excerpt from one of the lists, which suggested he should “hit [the victim] harder next time.” Heuermann appeared to nod along as the statement was read, ABC News reported.

He also had another list marked “POST EVENT,” which included reminders to “change tires,” burn gloves,” “dispose of pics [of victims],” and “have story set.”

Article continues below advertisement

Jessica Taylor disappeared on July 21, 2003, prosecutors said. She was known to work as a sex worker in midtown Manhattan, near where Heuermann worked at the time.

Authorities said her torso and legs were discovered by a dog walker in a wooded area of Manorville on July 26, 2003. Her skull, hands and forearms were found along Ocean Parkway, just east of Gilgo Beach, on March 29, 2011.

MORE ON:
Murder

Sandra Costilla was killed in 1993 and had not been linked to the Gilgo Beach killing spree until now. She was found by two hunters in North Sea and had “sharp force injuries” to multiple parts of her body, court documents state.

Heuermann, 60, already had been charged with the murders of the so-called Gilgo 4 — the women found dead on Long Island’s Gilgo Beach in December 2010, as Front Page Detectives previously reported.

Article continues below advertisement

Never miss a story — sign up for the Front Page Detectives newsletter. Be on the scene the moment news breaks.

Last July, Heuermann was accused of the murders of Melissa Barthelemy, 24, Amber Costello, 27, and Megan Waterman, 22, and on Jan. 16, 2024, prosecutors announced he faces a second-degree murder in connection with the death of 25-year-old Maureen Brainard-Barnes, ABC News reported.

Heuermann had previously pleaded not guilty to the four counts of murder he faces. He also pleaded not guilty to the two newest murder charges against him.

Advertisement

Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.