Front Page Detectives

Man stabbed 2 victims to death in Indianapolis, 1 of them more than 100 times, according to police

Source: Marion County Jail, MEGA

Jan. 11 2022, Published 5:04 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

An Indianapolis man has been arrested after he allegedly stabbed two people to death — one of them more than 100 times.

Article continues below advertisement

According to the autopsy, both 30-year-old Dominic Patton and 35-year-old Jamel Perry were repeatedly stabbed to death and found laying on the floor by police around 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 15, FOX 59 reported.

One of the victims was stabbed more than 100 times, according to the doctor who conducted the autopsy, according to FOX 59.

Article continues below advertisement

Jamie Wells, 27, of Chicago, was arrested in connection with the murders of Patton and Perry and has been charged with two counts of murder, FOX 59 reported.

According to court documents obtained by FOX 59, Wells was identified by several people as occasionally staying at Perry and Patton’s apartment on Adams Street in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Article continues below advertisement

Wells was also known to have stayed at two other women’s homes within Indianapolis, according to FOX 59.

Detectives spoke with one of these women who told police Wells had arrived at her home at approximately 5:30 a.m. on Dec. 14, the day before police found Patton and Perry’s bodies, FOX 59 reported.

Article continues below advertisement

She told law enforcement Wells allegedly arrived covered in blood and his hands had several gashes, according to FOX 59.

When she asked him how he got the injuries, Wells allegedly told her, “I got into it with a couple of guys and it went too far,” FOX 59 reported.

Article continues below advertisement

According to witnesses, Wells visited both women before he had one of them purchase a Greyhound bus ticket set to leave on Dec. 16, according to FOX 59.

One of the women told investigators she was afraid of Wells and that he returned to her place at one point with a handgun, FOX 59 reported.

Article continues below advertisement

She told police she had told him to leave but he’d pulled out the gun, cocked it and told her, “If you leave me alone I will kill you,” according to FOX 59.

Police say Wells returned to the Chicago area on the Greyhound bus, FOX 59 reported.

Article continues below advertisement

When Indianapolis investigators reached out to Chicago police on Dec. 29, they learned Wells had already been arrested on an unrelated warrant, according to FOX 59.

According to court documents obtained by FOX 59, Indianapolis investigators interviewed Wells who told detectives he had heard of Patton’s death but was unaware of how he died.

Article continues below advertisement

Police asked Wells about the scars on his hands and he allegedly told detectives he had been in a fight with his cousin in Hammond, FOX 59 reported.

Wells repeatedly told officers his hands were not injured while he was in Indianapolis, despite detectives obtaining surveillance video that showed Wells leaving one of the women’s apartments with bandaged hands, according to FOX 59.

Wells has been transported back to Indianapolis and was booked into the Marion County Jail, FOX 59 reported.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.