Front Page Detectives

A Gang Member Made Eye Contact With His Nemesis During Lunch At TGI Fridays. Minutes Later, His Partner Shot Him Dead.

Source: Unsplash

Jul. 22 2022, Published 2:22 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A Massachusetts man zeroed in on his rival while having lunch at a restaurant. A few minutes later, his partner shot him dead in the parking lot.

Now, they will spend decades behind bars.

Article continues below advertisement

Recently, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, Superior Court Judge Michael Ricciuti sentenced Jerome Meade, 27, and Javier Smith, 26, to life in prison. Only Smith will be eligible for parole. Both Meade and Smith were found guilty and convicted of first-degree murder, second-degree murder and possession of an illegal firearm for the shooting death of Luis Bodden-Maximo, 23.

“When I heard the verdict, I thought, ‘my son can rest in peace now,’ but then I was sad because I thought, ‘nothing will bring my son back,’” said Bodden-Maximo’s mother, Melinda Bodden, during the victim impact statement, according to WHDH.

Article continues below advertisement

On Sep. 16, 2015, Bodden-Maximo and his girlfriend went to a TGI Fridays restaurant on Tremont Street for lunch. Soon, the victim spotted Smith, a rival gang member, in the same restaurant. Immediately both men made eye contact; words were exchanged.


Then, Bodden-Maximo left the restaurant with his girlfriend. According to prosecutors, as the couple walked to their car, Meade, who was already in the parking lot, yelled at the victim, “You’re an OPP.”

Article continues below advertisement

Meade pulled out a handgun and shot at the couple. Bodden-Maximo tried to flee from the scene, but the defendant chased after him until the victim fell to the ground. While the victim’s girlfriend watched in horror, Meade stood over Bodden-Maximo and shot him repeatedly until he emptied the cartridge.

Upon the arrival of first responders and the police, the victim was rushed to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where he was declared dead.

Investigators discovered the motive for the killing was due to the rivalry between the notorious H-Block and another street gang. In addition, they believe the killing was in response to the 2010 shooting death of Eric Smith, 18, on Blue Hill Avenue.

“One young man is dead, chased and shot in front of his girlfriend during a lunch date. Two other young men are going to spend many years in prison. And many others, including family and friends, must forever live with loss and grief in their hearts. All because of quick, terrible decisions,” said District Attorney Kevin Hayden, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.