Questions Haunting The Case Of Georgia Dad Found Dead In Rolled Up Carpet: Who Was The Mystery Man Seen In CCTV Before He Vanished, Who Moved His Body & How Did It Get There

missing man nathan millard autopsy no foul play
Source: Baton Rouge Police Department; Unsplash

Mar. 8 2023, Updated 1:11 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A Georgia man mysteriously died during a business trip in Louisiana and loved ones and police are searching for answers.

Around 3:30 a.m. on March 6, Millard’s body was found in Baton Rouge and police are looking into how it got to where it was found.

On March 7, the family of Nathan Millard, 42, told WAFB that an autopsy was completed and investigators said it showed “no internal or external trauma” to the body.

Article continues below advertisement

At a news conference the same day, the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed foul play is not suspected in the case as of now.

Heinz said where Millard's body was found was "most likely not where he died."

“I know that he was placed there, obviously by another individual. We would like to know who and why," Captain Kevin Heinz said, adding, "But just from the autopsy results that were given by the coroner’s office, at this time it doesn’t appear to be any signs of foul play.”

The official cause and manner of death are still pending based on the completion of the final autopsy report. Further studies still need to be completed, including toxicology testing.

Loved ones told WAFB authorities believe the Millard may have died from an accidental overdose. “And look, we’ll ask whoever put him there. If something happened and there was a moment of panic, come forward," Heinz said. "We just want to know what happened to him. Our goal is to find out what happened to him."

Millard, a father was missing for nearly two weeks after he left on a business trip to Baton Rouge. On Feb. 22, he and a client reportedly went to an LSU basketball game before heading downtown to a bar.

Article continues below advertisement

Millard was recorded on surveillance video at other businesses later in the night and Heinz said he “appeared to be at those locations under his own power” and there “didn’t appear that there was anything taking place criminally.”

Never miss a story — sign up for the Front Page Detectives newsletter. Be on the scene the moment news breaks.

He also was seen at a Greyhound bus station later in the night and police said he did not appear to be in distress when he turned down assistance from a security guard at the station.

Millard was last spotted on surveillance footage until 4:30 a.m. on Feb. 23. Police are looking for anyone who may have seen him around that time to come forward with information.

The investigation is ongoing.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2023 Empire Media Group, Inc. Front Page Detectives is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.