Seven people have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Iron Jailen Cannon — even though police have yet to find his body.
Cannon went missing in October 2020. His case later turned into a recovery search for Cannon’s body, which is still ongoing.
Throughout the investigation, police learned there was an intricate cover-up, which consisted of significant efforts to mislead law enforcement, according to Wadsworth police.
Those efforts allegedly included destruction and tampering with evidence, including the victim’s remains, according to police
"The investigation into the death of Iron Cannon is still ongoing, and certain details will not be available to the public at this time," the department stated in announcing the arrests.
The following suspects were indicted then arrested on May 6:
- Justin D. Hornbeck, 28, charged with murder with a firearm specification, tampering with evidence, having weapons under disability, obstructing justice, gross abuse of a corpse and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
- Tyrone L. Render, 27, charged with tampering with evidence with firearm specification, obstructing justice, having weapons under disability, gross abuse of a corpse and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
- Autumn M. Knight, 27, charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, gross abuse of a corpse and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
- Marcus Y. Clark, 55, charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, gross abuse of a corpse, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
- Cousin of Missing 17-Year-Old Girl Believed Dumped in Landfill Under Arrest for Murder, Officials Say
- Weeks After A Mississippi College Student Went Missing, Police Say They Arrested A Murder Suspect
- 47-year-old mom was reported missing around the Fourth of July. Days later, she was found dismembered in a river.
- Christopher J. Williams, 32, charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing justice, gross abuse of a corpse and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.
- Samantha P. McCune, 27, charged with obstructing justice.
- Antonio W. Moore, 38, charged with obstructing justice.
All seven suspects were transported to the Medina County Jail, where they are held on bonds ranging from $500,000 to $1 million.
Cannon went missing on Oct. 18, 2020. His sister, Teala Elkins, said her brother left their home and went to a club but never came home, according to News 5 Cleveland. He told his nephew that he was on his way home, but he never made it.
Cannon’s family is still agonizing about where to find Iron’s body.
"That's what we want to know. Where is Iron? That's all we've been wanting to know since October 18, 2020. Where is Iron? And we still have no answers," said his sister Teala, according to News 5 Cleveland.
"As a father, I don't understand and I would like to know the answer to why someone would do that to my son, our loved one, someone we loved," his father Michael Taylor told News 5 Cleveland.
The Wadsworth Police Department said there is a $2,500 reward available for information that leads to the location and recovery of Cannon's body. Tips should be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 216-252-7563.
Become a Front Page Detective
Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.