Front Page Detectives

A Pennsylvania Man Stole a Dodge Charger. Then, He Drove to His Family’s Home and Shot His Sisters and Stabbed His Nieces.

Penn. Man Stole Car, Then Fatally Shot His Sister, Stabbed Nieces
Source: Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office; Unsplash

Man sentenced after fatally shooting his sister and another man and stabbing his two young nieces.

Oct. 11 2023, Published 2:07 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty but mentally ill to multiple crimes after he stole a Dodge Charger and then drove to his family’s home and fatally shot his sister and another man and stabbed his two young nieces, according to authorities.

Around 5:45 a.m. on Feb. 9, 2022, Gregory Greene took the vehicle from one of the victim’s homes and drove it to another residence in Harrisburg, according to the Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office.

Article continues below advertisement

Officials said one of Greene’s sisters had a protective order against him, which prohibited him from entering her home.

Around 6 a.m., however, Greene broke into the home while everyone was asleep. He then went to his sister Brittonie Meredith’s room on the second floor and shot her in the face.

Greene then headed to his sister Meredith Greene’s bedroom and also shot her. Meredith fled to her mother’s bedroom and closed the door, which authorities noted “likely saved her mother’s life.”

Greene then headed to the third floor, where he fatally shot Tyler Thames.

Article continues below advertisement

After the three shooting, Greene headed to his nieces’ bedroom and attempted to shoot his 8-year-old niece, but he failed because his gun was out of ammunition. So, he instead stabbed the girl in the neck and shoulder and then threw her down the stairs. He also stabbed her 6-year-old sister in the neck.

Meanwhile, Brittonie Meredith, who had been shot in the face, was able to run outside and flag down police who happened to be across the street from the home serving a search warrant.


Officials said officers called for backup and paramedics rushed to the scene. Meredith Greene and Thames were declared dead from gunshot wounds. The children and Brittonie Meredith survived their injuries.

Police saw Greene leave the house through a side door and drive off in the stolen Charger. Multiple law enforcement agencies pursued Greene, who ultimately drove over speed sticks and crashed the vehicle into a bus.

Article continues below advertisement

Never miss a story — sign up for the Front Page Detectives newsletter. Be on the scene the moment news breaks.

Greene underwent mental health examinations after his arrest and experts “established that he was mentally ill but not insane at the time of the offenses,” authorities said.

On Oct. 9, Greene pleaded guilty of two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of attempted murder, burglary, and possession of a firearm, officials said.

A judge sentenced him to two consecutive life sentences for murder, as well as 21½ to 45 years in prison for the other offenses.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF EMPIRE MEDIA GROUP INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.