Royals stonewalled efforts to serve Prince Andrew with sex abuse lawsuit, court official says

andrew
Source: MEGA

Sep. 10 2021, Published 3:54 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Security guarding Prince Andrew was ordered not to take any legal documents related to a civil suit over the royal’s alleged sex abuse of a victim trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein, according to court records.

Article continues below advertisement

A man who tried to serve papers on Prince Andrew detailed his difficulties in serving the royal with court documents from New York federal court where the victim's filed suit.

Virginia L. Giuffre filed the suit last month against Prince Andrew and it made allegations of alleged sex abuse. She said she was trafficked by pedophile Epstein.

Cesar Augusto Sepulveda tried to serve Prince Andrew with the paperwork on the morning of Aug. 26 and The Royal Lodge, in Windsor, England, according to court paperwork filed this week. Sepulveda said he arrived and met security staff at the gate.

Article continues below advertisement

Officials told Sepulveda to wait, and then a Metropolitan Police Officer, who was Head of Security, spoke to Sepulveda. He said they could not find Prince Andrew’s private secretary or any senior official.

Article continues below advertisement

Sepulveda was told, “the security there had been instructed not allow anyone attending there for the purpose of serving court process onto the grounds of the property and at that time they had been told not to accept service of any court process,” the paperwork stated.

Security also said any paperwork left would not be forwarded.

“It appeared from the attendance there that the security staff had already been primed not to allow anyone access onto the property to serve court process and instructed not to accept any service,” Sepulveda wrote.

Article continues below advertisement

Security staff then gave Sepulveda a phone number for a solicitor. Sepulveda called it and left a message, but he never heard back.

The next day, Sepulveda went back to the Lodge and spoke against to Metropolitan police. This time, they said paperwork could be left at the main gate it would be forwarded to the legal team.

“[Sepulveda] did enquire whether it was possible to meet personally with [Prince Andrew], but [Sepulveda] was told that this was not possible,” the paperwork read. It further noted Sepulveda asked about the royal’s location and security said they could not answer any questions.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. Front Page Detectives is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.