A 15-year-old boy was the third suspect to be arrested in connection with the shooting that claimed the life of a freshman high school student and left four more wounded last month in Philadelphia, authorities said.
Around 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 27, Fletcher and three other suspects are accused of killing 14-year-old Nicolas Elizalde when they allegedly jumped out of an SUV and fired more than 60 shots near a high school where three schools had just ended a junior varsity football scrimmage.
Investigators said Elizade, a football player, was likely not the suspect’s intended target.
Two other suspects in the case, Yaaseen Bivins, 21, and Zyhied Jones, 17, were recently arrested and also charged with murder.
A fourth suspect, 16-year-old Dayron Burney-Thorn, remains at large. The U.S. Marshals Service is offering a total reward of up to $50,000 for information that leads to the arrest of the teenager they say should be considered armed and dangerous.
According to police, detectives are working to identify two more individuals they believe were involved in the deadly incident.