Texas Man Went To Collect The Money Owed Him. He Left With Blood On His Hands.

texas murder
Source: McCracken County Jail; MEGA

Jun. 13 2022, Published 2:24 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A Texas man went to collect the money owed him. Instead, he killed two money.

Now, he will remain behind bars for life.

Article continues below advertisement

Last month, McCracken County Circuit Judge Tim Kaltenbach handed Mykwenze Cox a life term without the possibility of parole in prison for the shooting death of Justice Hicks, 23, and Victor Moore, 31. Cox pleaded guilty to two counts of murder, robbery, burglary, tampering with physical evidence and a felon in possession of a firearm.

On Aug. 22, 2020, police responded to a College Avenue Apartment after receiving a 911 call regarding shots fired. When they arrived, sheriff’s deputies found one of the victims dead at the scene, while the other died after being rushed to the hospital. Soon, officers got a description of the defendant who had fled the scene with a woman and co-defendant, Alexis Graham, reported KFVS 12.

Article continues below advertisement

According to prosecutors, Cox went to the residence with Graham to collect drug money owed to him by the victims. Next, an altercation ensued between the duo and Cox, who pulled out a gun and shot both men. Though Cox and Graham drove a 2001 BMW to the apartment complex, they ran away in different directions during the commotion.


Later, Cox was arrested without incident and made statements admitting to being the shooter. Then, he pointed investigators to the location where he discarded the semi-automatic handgun used in the shooting.

Article continues below advertisement

"Young man, you've hurt a lot of peoples lives. If you don't learn nothing from this, learn how to be a man and how to treat people," said Hick’s grandmother Rochelle Shaw during the sentencing hearing, according to WPSD.

Minutes later, a K-9 unit also picked up Graham a short distance from the crime scene in the 500 Block of Columbus Avenue. In April, Graham was found guilty and convicted by a jury of two counts of complicity to murder, first-degree burglary and first-degree robbery in connection to the double homicide.

She was sentenced to 25 years in prison.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2023 Empire Media Group, Inc. Front Page Detectives is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.