Baby Dies After Being Exposed To Meth In 'Unsafe Sleeping Environment,' Cops Say. Parents Accused Of Murder.

Source: Ellis County Sheriff’s Department; MEGA

Jun. 10 2022, Published 11:23 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

An infant died from a meth overdose and now two parents face charges, police said.

Article continues below advertisement

On March 19, the Ellis County Sheriff’s Department in Texas responded to a home for an infant who was not breathing. Police arrived and saw the girl being loaded into an ambulance.

The child was taken to the hospital and was pronounced dead around 11:15 a.m., according to the sheriff’s office.

Article continues below advertisement

The victim’s parents were identified as Heather Williams and Shawn Lankford.

An autopsy showed the child died from the toxic effects of meth in an unsafe sleeping environment, according to the sheriff’s office.

Both parents were charged with murder this week. They are being held in jail on $1 million bond.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

© Copyright 2022 Empire Media Group, Inc. Front Page Detectives is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.