Front Page Detectives

Woman Asked To Leave Her Boyfriend And Move Back Home. Before Her Dad Could Pick Her Up, She And Her Grandparents Were Dead.

texas murder
Source: MEGA; Comanche County jail

Sep. 19 2022, Published 8:54 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A man murdered his girlfriend and her grandparents, then called police to report the crime. The motive was never exactly clear in the killings.

Now, the murderer will head to prison for the rest of his life.

Article continues below advertisement

Recently, a judge in Texas sentenced Brandon Jenkins to life in prison after he was found guilty of capital murder, according to He was convicted of killing Ashlyn Smith, 18, and her grandparents, Earl Stephens III, 63, and Patricia Stephens, 62.

The three were found dead in a home in Comanche County, Texas, in July 2020. All three had been shot to death. Investigators said they were called to the home after Jenkins reported his crimes.

Article continues below advertisement

Family members told The Flash Today shortly after the killings that Jenkins and Smith only knew each other for a short time before the killing.

Smith, while only 18 years old, had recently divorced from a husband and then started to date Jenkins, according to the report. They had moved into a camper on her grandparent’s property in March 2020.

However, weeks later, Smith called her father, Jason Smith, that she wanted to move back home, according to The Flash Today.

prison sentence
Article continues below advertisement

“She must’ve known something was up, that something wasn’t right,” he told the outlet in 2020. “She just kept saying she wanted to come home, that he was staying there and she wanted me to come get her.”

He described Jenkins and possessive at times. Jenkins had recently converted to the Muslim faith and tried to get Ashlynn Smith to convert as well. But Jason Smith said he didn’t know what led Jenkins to kill.

Article continues below advertisement

He was left with regrets as Ashlyn Smith had asked to come up and he asked if she could hold on for just a couple of days.

“When I asked if she was okay, if she could wait a few more days until I was off work, she said she was fine and she could wait. I was planning on picking her up Friday evening or Saturday, but I couldn’t because I got called into work. I’d give anything to have just gone and gotten her then,” Jason Smith told the outlet.


Become a Front Page Detective

Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.

More Stories

Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. FRONT PAGE DETECTIVES is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.