Florida Mother Arrested After Toddler ‘Severely Impaired’ After Ingesting THC-Laced Chocolate Bar, Cops Say
A Florida mother wound up behind bars after her 2-year-old child took a THC-laced edible from her purse and ate it, authorities said.
On July 21, police in Panama City responded to an apartment after receiving a report about the child “possibly overdosing” and found the toddler “conscious but severely impaired,” law enforcement officials said.
The baby's 23-year-old mother, Kaitlyn Marie Kiczek, told detectives that “she had a 500mg THC extract chocolate bar in her handbag and further stated that she left her 2-year-old and a 4-year-old sibling unattended, and the 2-year-old began consuming the edible,” officials said.
- Florida man charged with manslaughter after he smothered an infant while high, cops say
- Mother Arrested For Murder Nearly Six Months After Her 20-Month-Old Son Died From Fentanyl Overdose: Police
- Florida Mother Accused Of Neglect After 2 Hungry Preschoolers Found Searching For Starbucks In Middle Of Night
The younger child was taken to a hospital for observation, while the older sibling was placed in the care of family.
Kiczek was being held at the Bay County jail, and she faces charges of felony child neglect, possession of THC extract and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Become a Front Page Detective
Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.