A former substitute teacher in Wisconsin had a secret, five-year relationship with a student, police say.
Authorities arrested John Fredenburgh, 36, and charged him with 24 counts in connection to the relationship, according to WFRV-TV5.
The victim was 12 years old when the relationship started, authorities stated. The victim told police the sexual incidents began in 2017. She told her mother about the secret relationship and they contacted the police, the news station reported.
- 23-YEAR-OLD WISCONSIN MAN ACCUSED OF HAVING TROVE OF CHILD PORN, SEXUALLY ASSAULTING SEVERAL BOYS, COPS SAY
- Former Michigan middle school band teacher accused of sexually abusing student 25 years ago
- New York Teacher Accused Of Having Relationship With Student That Turned To Sexual Violence, Intimidation: Police
During the five-year relationship, Fredenburgh took the victim “up north” and met her during camping trips and at motels, according to WFRV-TV5.
He previously worked for the Marinette County school district, but would use his badge still to get discounts for rooms.
Fredenburgh told the victim to keep the relationship a secret, as he was married and had children. In the criminal complaint, the victim said Fredenburgh would wait until she was 19 or 20 years old to leave his family, the tv station reported
One of the sexual incidents happened on Feb. 28, and that same day police arrested Fredenburgh.
Fredenburgh faces 24 charges, including:
- Repeated sexual assault of the same child
- Three counts of first-degree child sex assault
- five counts of second-degree sexual assault of child
- Use a computer to facilitate a child sex crime
- Two counts of possession of child pornography
- Five counts of child enticement
- Causing mental harm to child
- Cause child 13-18 to view sexual activity
- false imprisonment
- Intimidate victim/threaten force
Become a Front Page Detective
Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.