A former wrestler is free on bond after being arrested on dozens of misdemeanor charges in Georgia.
Details about the arrest of Marcus Alexander Bagwell — who wrestled in World Championship Wrestling under his real name and the moniker “Buff Bagwell” — are scarce. Cobb County Police have yet to provide an arrest report when contacted by FrontPageDetectives.
Bagwell, 51, was arrested by the Cobb County police on May 22 and charged with:
- DUI with drugs
- Failure to yield
- Four counts of hit and run
- Three counts of following too closely
- Driving on the wrong side of the roadway
- Duty upon striking a fixed object
- Driving within a median or emergency lane
- Reckless driving
- License to be carried and exhibited on demand
- Open container
- Giving false name, address or birthday to law enforcement officer.
The Cobb County Sheriff’s Office provided a copy of Bagwell’s mugshot to FrontPageDetectives and jail records indicate he was released about $15,000 bond. He does not have an attorney listed on his file.
Bagwell wrestled for WCW in the 1990s and early 2000s. In that organization, he was a five-time tag team champion.
Become a Front Page Detective
Sign up to receive breaking
Front Page Detectives
news and exclusive investigations.